Sylma M Finisterre
SYLMA M. FINISTERRE, Attorney-at-Law
Sylma M Finisterre is a St. Lucian admitted to the St. Lucian Bar in 2009 having completed professional training at the Hugh Wooding Law School.
Mrs. Finisterre has also achieved a diploma in Technical Vocational Education at McGill University in Canada and a degree in Accounting at UWI, Barbados.
Mrs. Finisterre is a former lecturer at Sir Arthur Lewis Community College and Chief Examiner in CSEC Office Administration – Caribbean Examinations Council. She also coauthored the Longman Office Administration for CXC Text during tenure as Chief Examiner. Slyma’s wide background in education provides valuable insight in dealing with operational legal needs of diverse clients.
Sylma left her career in teaching to pursue a career in law using both skills to lecture in legal ethics at a medical school in St. Lucia.
Ms. Finisterre’s provides notarial services and her areas of practice include civil litigation.
- Legal Education Certificate ( L.E.C.) – Hugh Wooding Law School, Trinidad and Tobago
- LL.B (Hons) – University of the West Indies, Barbados
- Accounting BSc. – University of the West Indies, Barbados
- Diploma in Education – Mc Gill University Montreal, Canada.
Areas of Focus
- Civil Litigation
- Labour and Employment
- Personal Injury
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Trusts and Estates
- St. Lucia