FAYE F. S. M. FINISTERRE, Barrister, Notary Royal
Faye F. Finisterre is a St. Lucian and Barbadian first admitted to the Bar of England and Wales in 2002 at the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn after completing a Masters of Laws in International Commercial and Corporate Law at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). Having obtained her Bachelors of Laws in Barbados in 2000, returning there to work there in 2003 was a natural fit. Upon the commencement of her legal career, Faye was immediately exposed to various insurance and personal injury matters as well as an array of commercial contentious matters resulting in civil litigation while under the pupilage of puisne judge and one of Barbados’ most senior and respected Queen’s Counsel Elliott D. Mottley, QC, LL.D. Faye was also awarded a postgraduate diploma in Telecommunications Regulation and Policy from the UWI Faculty of Engineering after two years’ part-time postgraduate study in the field. She subsequently served as counsel for a newly migrated United States title guaranty company in Anguilla before returning to Barbados to re-enter private practice with the Island’s largest firm as a senior associate in litigation. She branched out to manage her own firm in 2009 and is a notary of Saint Lucia.
Faye is an affiliate and student member of the Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP) and is a former tutor of Intellectual Property Law and Contract Law in the Faculty of Law, UWI.
Faye has served as a trusted advisor to AT&T/Cingular Wireless during the deregulation of the Barbados telecommunications market representing it in contentious competition matters and commercial dealings; the Barbados Water Authority; a resort and hotel group and other clients in the hospitality sector; as well as one of the largest locally grown insurance companies. She continues to handle property, commercial, corporate, labour and employment, insurance, reinsurance and personal injury matters in and out of court for an array of corporate and individual clients.
- STEP International Diploma in International Trust Management, Trust Creation Law & Practice – Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners
- STEP Foundation Certificate in International Trust Management, Trust and Estates – Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners
- PgDipRP (Telecommunications)- University of the West Indies, Trinidad
- Legal Education Certificate (L.E.C.) – Hugh Wooding Law School, Trinidad and Tobago
- Practising Certificate – BBP Law School, The General Council of the Bar, England
- LL.M (International Commercial and Corporate Law)- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), UK
- LL.B (Hons) – University of the West Indies, Barbados
Areas of Focus
- Civil Litigation
- Labour and Employment
- Personal Injury
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Trusts and Estates
- England and Wales
- St. Lucia